Car Finance 365 are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Car Finance 365 of 1A Market Place, Poulton-Le-Flyde, Lancashire, FY6 7AS.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on https://www.carfinance365.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, date of birth, employment details, and address history.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) if you have consented to this. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us directly at 1A Market Place, Poulton-Le-Flyde, Lancashire, FY6 7AS or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Selected third parties including:
- any of our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (AQL Text Credits, AutoTrader, Barclays, Bing, Book my Garage, Canddi, Chat Heroes, Click Desk, Codeweavers, Conflux, Contact at Once, CreditPlus, DealTrak, Good Garage Scheme, Google, Heart Internet, iVendi, Judge Service, Live Chat Inc, Live Help Now, MailChimp, Mandrill, Oodle Finance, PayPal, Review.io, Sage, Stripe, Trello, Trust Pilot, Twilio, UK Fast, Visitor Chat, WorldPay, Xero, Yell) where this is necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us or any of our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Car Finance 365 or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties to enable them to contact you for marketing purposes unless we have your consent to do so.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For how long do we retain your personal data?
Unless required to do so by law (eg for the purposes of preventing fraud or tax evasion), we do not retain personal data no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. Ordinarily, this will be for a period of 7 years if you have purchased a vehicle or obtained finance through us, or 3 months if you have not. If you have not objected to our providing you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, or if you have given and not withdrawn your consent for us to use your personal data for other marketing purposes, we will retain the data for as long as we need it for those purposes.
We regularly review the personal data we hold, and delete anything we no longer need. Information that does not need to be accessed regularly, but which still needs to be retained, is safely archived or put offline.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You also have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete data corrected and, in some cases (such as where it is no longer necessary for us to retain the data for the purposes for which it was originally collected/processed, where we need your consent and you have withdrawn such consent, or where you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue with it) to have your personal data removed from our systems.
Where you have provided your personal data to us and our processing is carried out by automated means based on your consent or for the performance of a contract, you may ask us to provide you with the data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form or, if this is technically feasible with our systems, to transmit the data directly to another organisation. Machine readable means that the information is structured so that software can extract specific elements of the data.
Unless the decision is necessary for entering into or for the performance of a contract between us, is authorised by law (eg for the purposes of preventing fraud or tax evasion) or you have given your explicit consent for us to do so, you have the right to ask us not to subject you to any decision which produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you on the basis of automated processing.
You can exercise any of the above rights at any time by contacting us at 1A Market Place, Poulton-Le-Flyde, Lancashire, FY6 7AS or email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We will not charge you for providing you with details of the information we hold about you unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive, when we will charge you a reasonable fee, based on the administrative cost of providing the information. We may also charge a reasonable fee to comply with multiple requests for further copies of the same information.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us at 1A Market Place, Poulton-Le-Flyde, Lancashire, FY6 7AS or firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to resolve them.
If you remain dissatisfied, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office by writing to it at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, telephoning 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745, sending a fax to 01625 524510, or by completing the online email message form at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or the online complaints form at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/.
CarFinance365 are a customer introduced vehicle finance broker, working with our customers in an effort to try to obtain you the best finance deal for your circumstance. Whilst we will never advise you, we provide you information on the options we have to help you make an informed decision. We understand that obtaining vehicle finance sometimes isn't the easiest process, and whilst we cannot guarantee you finance (no-one can!) we work with a panel of lenders who offer consumers a variety of rates and deals.
Car Finance 365 is a trading name of Flamingo Associates Ltd, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under firm reference number 808522. We act as a credit broker, not a lender and we may receive a commission for introducing your details to our finance partners. Our registered address is 15 Preston Street, Fleetwood, England, FY7 6LZ (company no. 11037446).
If at any point you have any questions, or need to contact us for any reason, you can do so using the details below. Our team are happy to help!
- E: email@example.com
- P: 1A Market Place, Poulton-Le-Fylde, Lancashire, FY6 7AT.
- T: 01253 574293
The Data Protection Information Commissioner enforces and oversees the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
We have a duty to be registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), our registered number is ZA298345. The ICO offers further information on your rights regarding your personal data and will be on hand to assist at any time. Should you find any reason to lodge a complaint or discuss how we have handled your information with the Information Commissioner, you can contact them on the details below --
GDPR sets out the rights you have with your information, these rights are as follows; -
- The right to be informed about the personal data being processed;
- The right of access to your personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (to receive an electronic copy of your personal data);
- Rights relating to automated decision-making including profiling.
In the event you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us on the above contact details. Our friendly team are on hand to help with any questions or requests.
Use of your data
The purpose of us using your personal data is for the purpose of obtaining you vehicle finance. We will never process your details without your explicit consent to do so, as this is the lawful basis upon which we process your information. In order to process your details, we will request the following information -
- [Date of birth;]
- [Licence type;]
- [Marital status;]
- [Address and residential status;]
- [Email address;]
- [Telephone number;]
- [Business name;]
- [Job title and employment information;]
- [Income information;]
- [Payment information;]
- [Information about your preferences and interests;]
- [IP address];
- [Marketing preferences]
We need your personal information to process your car finance application. If we do not collect your personal information, we will not be able to provide our services to you.
In order to complete applications, we may request proof of identity or income to support the initial information you have provided us with. Our lending panel reserve the right to request further information or documentation at any time.
The above information will be checked with credit reference agencies (and potentially fraud prevention agencies) to assess your credit worthiness and current circumstance. Your details will be sent to third parties we worth with to try to obtain you a finance acceptance. Please note they will also check your details with agencies, for further information on these parties, please consult the list below.
We may record communications with you for training and monitoring purposes.
Who your information will be shared with
We will share your personal information with third parties such as HMRC or the FCA where we are required to do so by law. We will also share some of your information with the dealership you chose to source your vehicle from, so they are able to raise the appropriate documentation and assist us in obtaining you the correct vehicle. Please note we may also have to discuss information regarding a complaint should one be raised. The below companies are the 3rd parties we work with where your information may be sent -
Blue Owl Network Ltd - https://www.autoconvert.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Moneybarn No1. Limited - https://www.moneybarn.com/privacy-policy/
Oodle Financial Services Limited - https://www.oodlecarfinance.com/privacy-policy/
Advantage Finance Limited - https://www.advantage-finance.co.uk/home/useofdata.asp
1st Stop Car Finance Limited - https://www.1ststop.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Paragon Banking Group - https://www.paragonbank.co.uk/data-protection
How we protect and store your data
We will store your personal information for up to six years. This is to enable us to refer to our records should we be required to for the purpose of regulatory or lawful reasons, or if you need assistance from us within six years.
If you do not object to receiving marketing communications from us, we will store your personal information for marketing purposes until you unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us.
All of your information is stored securely on our systems, we go to great lengths to put in place strong security systems to protect your information.
We will not store or share your data outside of an EEA state, however we cannot guarantee this is the case for any of the parties we work with, so we do recommend looking into the privacy notices included above.
Our policies are regularly reviewed to ensure they are accurate, up to date and serve the best purpose for our consumers. For that purpose, this policy may be updated from time to time and will be updated on our site as and when necessary.